Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things About... A.J.

So, most of you have probably seen the “25 Random Things” posts that are going around. Well, I’ve been tagged so many times, but haven’t had a chance to come up with my list. When I started thinking about it, I couldn’t come up with anything about me that didn’t involve A.J. It’s amazing how quickly a baby can take over your life. I already feel like I’m no longer Emily. I’m A.J.’s mom! And I absolutely love it. So without further ado, here are 25 random things about A.J.

1. He loves to suck on his paci. (He even sucks in his sleep…)

2. He started daycare on his 11 week birthday. (Too early for mom to go back to work…)

3. He loves to snuggle. When he’s really tired, he rubs his face into your shoulder.

4. He’s had a stuffy nose since the day he was born. It got a little better for a while, but now it’s a full blown head cold. There is no more helpless a feeling than not being able to make your child feel better.

5. He has started to reach for things. When he actually catches something, he gets the cutest “how’d that happen” look on his face.


6. He still gets the hiccups almost every day (which is not surprising considering he had them constantly for the last two months in the womb…).

7. Even given the stuffy nose and hiccups, he’s a happy baby. He only gets fussy in the evening when he gets really tired.

8. He thinks the funniest thing ever is when you talk to him.

9. He started really laughing this month. We were in Target, and I was talking to him (see #8) when he let out a loud, full on laugh. No sound has been better since.

10. He’s finally recognized Wrigley. He watches him everywhere he goes.

11. He loves his mom and it drives his dad crazy! (The pediatrician assures us that his loyalties will flip-flop many times.)

12. When he sleeps, his arms go up above his head and his legs bend at the knees. (He looks like a little frog - and not just because of the jammies...)

13. He loves for his daddy to sing him the Oregon fight song. (And his daddy loves to sing it to him.)

14. He peed on my head when he was just a few weeks old, and I now can laugh about it. It wasn’t so funny at 4:00 a.m. when it happened. We haven’t had an “accident” in a long while… maybe I shouldn’t jinx us like that…

15. He loves to ride in his car seat. Three minutes in the car and he’s fast asleep.

16. He went to his first sporting event when he was one month old. It was a UO Volleyball game. I spent the whole game covering his ears. I forgot how loud Mac Court can get.

17. Before he was two months old, he traveled to Portland (twice), Seattle, and Tri-Cities (WA). I had no idea how quickly a Kia Sorento could fill up.

18. He will travel 2700 miles across country when he is seven months old. Looking forward to that plane trip to Alabama! He will get to meet all his Southern family – including the honorary members – and see his Mimi, Granddaddy, Aunt Sally, and Hannah Cate for the second time.

19. He is very intrigued by the little baby in the mirror. He loves to visit with his new friend.

20.He has many friends here in Eugene. Three other babies were born within 6 months of him. (Owen Tucker, Allie, and Peyton Jo.) Then there are his cousins and friends in Alabama that were also born close to him. (Hannah Cate, Copeland, Anthony Paul, and James plus Baby Day that is expected in May.) He’ll never be lonely.

21. He has really found his voice. He wakes up in the morning talking and keeps on talking, and talking, and talking….

22. His facial expressions are priceless. He concentrates so hard on the toys on his playmat and bouncy seat. When he talks, you can tell he wants so badly to make you understand him.

23. He’s always on the move. His little arms wave and his chubby legs kick constantly while he’s playing. When he gets really tired, you had better not sit still. You’d better be up and walking around.

24. His hair is more strawberry blonde than red. You can really see it in the sunshine. It was really thick in the back when he was born but has started to thin out some. I’m hoping that it stays red (and his eyes stay blue.)

25. His mommy and daddy wish that they could stay home with him every day to watch him discover new things. (What parent doesn’t though, right?)

1 comment:

Aunt Janet said...

What a great commentary. And, great new photos. I know these posting are time consuming, but on behalf of the Alabama Family that have not had the opportunity to meet him - THANK YOU.
Love to all
Aunt Janet