Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend

I hope everyone had as wonderful an Easter Sunday as we did! Easter is always one of my favorite days of the year. I always am in awe thinking of the sacrifice Jesus made to save us all for our sins. And for the past two days, I have been thinking about our wonderful Sunday this year.

This year was especially poignant, sitting in church with A.J. It was our first trip to church with A.J. We were so excited that Carolyn & Lamont were there with us. We chose a seat near the back doors... just in case we needed to make a quick break to the family room. A.J. surprised us all as he didn't make one single peep during the service. (I hope this will be the case every Sunday, but some how, I think this won't last...) :-)

One of my favorite times at church is the opening praise music. I think my sister wrote a blog about a year ago that mentioned the song "Amazing Grace - My Chains are Gone" by Chris Tomlin. We sang this song on Easter Sunday. As I sat there singing, looking at my son, singing to my Lord, with tears in my eyes, I realized how truly blessed I am. I have a Savior who loved me enough to be crucified for my sins, I have a wonderful husband who loves me in spite of my flaws, I have a family who I love with everything I have, and this year, I have a beautiful baby boy who has filled a hole in my heart I didn't know was empty. All of this was given to me by God who loves us enough to allow His son to die to save us. And as the words of the song say:

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood
His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing Grace

I hope your Easter was as eye-opening as mine. I hope the rest of your year is truly blessed.

Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone - Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Yes...and I beleive that you made a coment to your sister last year about making her pregnant sister cry... So, now it's my turn... :-)
I love that song too and God is so very Amazing!!! Love you, Mick and little A.J.!!!!

The LaVecchia's said...

Love that song! We sang it also this past Sunday as people were witnessing about what they have overcome in their lives. Very powerful!

BTW, A.J. is too cute in his Easter outfit!