Saturday, May 30, 2009

Seven Months

Here we are again. It's been another month in the life of A.J. Hokanson. Each month that goes by, I'm torn. It's so much fun to watch all the new things he learns and does, but on the other hand, I miss the newborn stage. It just went by so fast. Thankfully, we're having so much fun with him, I don't think about the stuff I miss so much.

This month we had lots of firsts...

Our first rice cereal: we don't like it.
Our first green beans: we don't like them.
Our first bananas: we don't like them.
Our first carrots: we don't like them.
Our first apple juice: shockingly enough... we don't like it.
Thankfully, the pediatrician says this happens sometimes, and not to worry. He may just skip baby food and go straight to big boy foods. We're still trying... mainly because the faces he makes are so darn cute. During our green bean test, we actually got an audible "ichk!"

Our first swim in the pool: we LOVE the water (see previous post).
Our first sitting up from a laying down position without help from mom & dad: we've done this twice now.
Our first time on all fours with our belly off the floor: we don't crawl yet, but we rock really well.
Our first time obviously mimicking mom & dad: we probably shouldn't teach him to stick his tongue out.

A.J. has been such a blessing and a joy for us. After I come home from a long day at work, no matter how tired (or allergy ridden) I am, he always cheers me up. I'm so honored to be his mom.









1 comment:

The LaVecchia's said...

What a cutie! Happy 7 months!