1.) It's a Saturday and Mick's home! Yay!
2.) I actually cooked, not just heated from frozen, French toast. Impressed yet? Just wait...
3.) Shortly after finishing breakfast, our doorbell rang. Our neighbor came over to tell us that we had a river (and consequently a huge water bubble under our grass) running from the front of our yard. I love it when water pipes burst.
4.) This was the view from our front window shortly after a few phone calls. There's nothing like a having to call in the backhoe on a Saturday/holiday weekend.

5.) This is the view from our back window. Yes that is Mick with a weed eater in his hand. (This is not typical because he's either coaching, or I'm telling him he can't work in the yard because he's been coaching and needs to spend time with us.) But look at that grass... I couldn't hold him back any longer.

6.) That's right, I'm not done yet... After mowing the grass, Mick comes in and tells me, "Oh, I guess I should have told you Lucy's in town and she's coming over to see us in a couple of hours." Yes honey, you should have... three days ago when you found out. (That part is actually typical...)
7.) Do you know how hard it is to clean up kitchen dishes from breakfast & lunch without water (did I forget to mention the guys had to turn off our water to fix the pipe?) Ask me, how hard it is. I'll be happy to tell you.
8.) We got the entire house (minus our master bedroom - a.k.a. "stash it and run" room) straightened, vacuumed, and cleaned before Lucy and her sister and precious niece got to the house. Okay, now be impressed.
9.) Once the pipe was fixed, spent a good 5 hours running water in both bathrooms, the kitchen, and washing machine to get the dirty water out of our pipes. I've never felt so guilty about wasting water before in my life, but seriously... Alabama red clay in the water... eww!
And finally...
10.) Okay, this one's pretty typical, and happened before the whole River Runs Wild episode, but it had to be shared...
I am very grateful that this is an atypical day for us. We have many more laughs (as seen above) than we do burst water pipes. And praise God for that, because those laughs get us through the not-so typical days.

2 comments:
That sucks, but I LOVE the video!
That is THE MOST ADORABLE VIDEO!!!!! Thanks for being so good about putting AJ on film. Way too cute. Wrigley is sweet!
Post a Comment