(I wrote this in October, but never posted it... I'm not sure why.)
Tonight I checked the blog of a family I don't know. One of my friends shared their story a few months ago, and I found myself drawn to them. It could be because they're Auburn fans, but I think it's more that they are a Christian family who has been through one of the toughest trials that anyone could be put through. A month ago, their son passed away from neuroblastoma. I prefer the way that they describe it though: he "flew into the arms of Jesus".
I hadn't checked their site in a while, and last Friday the sweet mother posted a little about what they've been going through the last month. She talked about how it's gotten harder instead of easier. She talked about how every where they go, friends naturally ask how they are doing. She posted a poem written as the child from heaven. She posted a chapter from a book that talks about believing through the grief.
My heart aches for this mother. (And the father and brother too...) I don't know what this family is going through. I won't pretend that I do. What I do know is that I am amazed at their strength. I am in awe of their faith.
My faith tells me that God is always with us. My faith tells me that we may not understand why things happen, but that when they do, if we keep believing, if we keep trusting in His love, He will carry us through. He will comfort us during the trials, and He will lift us out of our despair.
I know nothing about this family except what I have read on the blog. What I've read from them tells me everything I need to know. This family is going to survive through their tragedy. Their faith will see them through. God is with them. I don't believe that it will ever be easy for them, but I believe that they will get through the grief. They will continue to love each other and their son in heaven. They will see him again one day.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment