Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mommy's Christening

Well, it's official. I'm a mom. It's still surreal. I look over at my little boy and still tear up, I still wonder when I'm going to wake up, and I still can't believe that he's ours. Last night however, I got a wake up call. AJ has officially "crowned" me Mom.

Our routine is this... the alarm goes off in the early morning hours (because AJ doesn't wake up to eat during the night, so the pediatrician says we have to wake him... sigh.) So, I get up, feed AJ, then wake Mick who so wonderfully gets up to change the diaper. Normally, I let Mick handle it. He is so great at it after all... but last night, AJ was particularly fussy during his changing, so I decided I'd go try to calm him to help out. I was sweetly "shhshing" AJ with my head down near his ear when it happened.

Those of you who have boys know, you have to be quick when covering everything up, or stuff is going to get soaked. In this case, it was my head that took the hit. Mick was in the process of closing the diaper, but just wasn't quick enough. AJ christened me. He has claimed me as his mom.

So there I was... at 4:00 a.m. ... with pee dripping down my forehead. And it hit me... I'm a mom. I'm awake (unfortunately in this case...) He is ours. Ah the joys of motherhood. As I was washing my hair I let it sink in. I was just peed on by my son, and I still love him more than life itself. Who would have thought I could take a hit like that and not be angry. The love of a mother truly is a wonderous thing.

There are going to be so many more of these moments and memories. Hopefully, not too many that require early morning showers, but lots of good... clean... memories instead. I look forward to our next adventure.



AJ's First Bath


Our first Boppy nap.


Watching the Ducks with Daddy


No pictures, please.


Doing what AJ does best.


2 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

I love it....he is so precious. Wait until he poops in the tub, or has the throw up virus, or pees on your friends tramp while visiting (already been potty trained)....many many experiences to look forward to. I love these photos!!! Isn't life good?!!!!

Scott & Tami said...

ps...his blanket will have to be a Christmas Present....made with love!