Monday, February 1, 2010

Mr. Chatterbox

A.J. is taking after his daddy & Grandma Carolyn. He's a talker. It's great to have another conversationalist in the family. With any luck, he'll be just like them in that he'll never be at a loss for words, never meet a stranger, and be loved by all! But for now, it's making my job as a mother a little difficult.

For the past few days, he has been walking...no wait, running... around the house just chatting up a storm. I wish I could tell you what he's saying, but it's the cute baby jibberish that only he, and maybe his cousin Hannah Cate, understands. I'm loving it. Except, it makes it very hard to discipline.

A.J. takes great delight in doing things I tell him not to. For example, he will back up into the vertical blinds and yank on them, all the while grinning from ear to ear while he watches my reaction. So, I've finally gotten over the cute smile and can say "no" while not giggling, and now this...

Now, post bad behavior, (instead of letting me off the hook with a grin) he begins his jibberish explanation for why he has tried to pull the blinds down on his head. "Blick babb glib blibt sbliblip pabci." And then he throws in an ear to ear grin for good measure. There's no recovering after that.

Dear Lord grant me strength, patience, and the ability to discipline with out bursting into laughter. (It's much more effective that way.)


Now tell me, could you resist this face?


1 comment:

The LaVecchia's said...

I don't think I could resist laughing at that one either!